Oct 2, 2018 | By: Brides, Bumps & babies Photography
So you want to look radiant in your wedding photographs...? Of course you do and here's some great advice from various trusted sources...be healthy! You should most definitely start a full year ahead of the big day and for great skin, here are some good places to start as mentioned in Bride Magazine article:
2) Manage your stress - What can I say, we all know that stress is a killer. Maybe easier said than done to minimize stress but if you can have the goal of the wedding day and looking radiant be a carrot...why not use that as incentive!? Then perhaps it will become a part of your life beyond the wedding day. As this article in Washington Top News states, Weddings Are Stress Factories!
3) Hire qualified aesthetician for routine facials. Don't skimp here, hire a professional.
4) Juicing instead of wine-ing ;) Green juice is great for skin because it's oxygenating and contains vital minerals to help stimulate the lymphatic system and drain out puffiness
5) Oil Free - Oily or greasy skin often leads to acne. Keep your skin oil-free throughout the day. Blotting paper is the best solution. You can remove grease from your forehead, nose, chin or wherever you want just by a touch of it. Beside this, go for some gentle face wash and oil free skin moisturizer.
6) Hands, Feet AND Elbows too! - You may think obvious to mention manicure and pedicures but definitely get these done a day before the wedding but don't neglect your elbows! You can exfoliate elbows as you'll need to get rid of the dead skin. Weekly use of salt scrub with sodium bicarbonate, in the bath will miraculously remove the damaged and dry skin. Glycolic peel is also effective for extremely dry patches. But it must be used by your aesthetician.
Now this next tip I know for sure from first hand experience!
7) Water Water Water - Hydration is a good thing of course and yet so many people forget to drink enough water daily. Not only should you hydrate leading up to the wedding but definitely on the day of too. Here in Colorado where many destination weddings are happening, out of town brides and whole wedding parties are flying in from sea level and may be at a mountain venue at 9,000 foot elevation...can you say altitude sickness! I have personally had altitude sickness once and it was paralyzing to say the least.
8) Massages Rule! I don't know about you but I could get a massage every day! I definitely get one monthly to keep the kinks to a minimum and take the stress down a notch. Find a masseuse that you are comfortable with their style and makes you feel amazing. Don't hesitate to try a few before deciding on your go-to professional. Here in Denver I love Debra at Massage Envy at Tiffany Plaza! She is so intuitive and really feels what you need each session. She does not just go through the motions and really knows me at this point so I don't have to lay there worrying about a new masseuse missing certain spots or using some technique I'm not into.
Look for upcoming video blogs I'll be interviewing leading health and beauty professionals that specialize in wedding clients. Ok, now be sure to start your health and beauty plan today and you will be sure to look amazing in front of your photographers lens!